Digital Marketing Trend Facts for 2018
Posted on 09.18.18 by Suraj Tripathi
In the present time, Digital Marketing domain has become more competitive than ever through its increasing expenditure on all digital platforms. The biggest challenge faced by the digital marketers today is to prove ROI and acquire more customers at a competitive cost in the market.
However, digitisation has become a ubiquitous matter which impacts our daily life to every extent. Digital marketing is getting competitive day by day, it has become essential to understand how it is impacting our lives that will help us to chalk out a strategy that serves our business purposes well.
Thus, to understand it better, we have curated a list of statistical facts to keep us all up to date. Here's some food for thought.
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86%. (Wordstream, 2018)
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search. (Status Labs, 2018)
- 19% of people use Siri at least daily. (HubSpot, 2015)
- 37% of the population uses Siri, 23% use Microsoft’s Cortana, and 19% use Amazon’s Alexa at least monthly. (HubSpot, 2015)
- 20% of search queries on Google's Mobile App and on Android devices are voice searches. (Search Engine Land, 2016)
- The number of voice queries increased 3,400% between 2008 and 2017. (HubSpot, 2017)
- Google claims its voice recognition accuracy is now at 92%. (Campaign, 2017)
- More than 46% of Americans will check their smartphone before getting out of bed. (Tech Times, 2017)
- Over 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product while conducting a search on their smartphone. (Google, 2018)
- Google is responsible for 94% of total organic traffic. (Web Presence Solutions, 2017)
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer. (Wordstream, 2016)
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot, 2018)
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. (MarTech, 2018)
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Omnicore, 2018)
- Organic SEO is about 5.66 times better than paid search ads. (New Media Campaigns, 2018)
Voice search is taking over the search industry and Organic search results are still considered as one of the most reliable sources of search. The videos have now become one of the most essential content to drive more engagement and increase conversion through traction.