Searching anything in search engine is an art. Search is changing. It has become more personal, more interactive and more predictive. Searching for information in the web world over the past few years has already been changed. Semantic search has become the need of the hour. It has become the real pedestal to provide accurate information. Google is putting all its time and energy to cope up its algorithms with the searching words by the users.
Semantic search seeks to improve search accuracy by understanding searcher intent and the contextual meaning of terms as they appear in the searchable data space, whether on the Web or within a closed system, to generate more relevant results.
Through proper understanding and connecting intention and context, search engines evaluate different type of queries. On the basis of the keyword, they display the results according to the motive of the users.
With Hummingbird, users are getting more and more relevant information. So it has become a powerful answer engine. But the most important thing is to what extent you are able to get the benefits of reaping all semantic search that should be taken into consideration.
Advantages of Semantic Search
- It focuses more on the content.
- It is more users friendly.
- It is less complex as compared to tradition search indexing.
- It can handle morphological variations like tenses, plural forms very easily.
- It is synonyms with correct meaning.
- It provides a unique set for generalization for particular category.
- It provides all possible results through concept matching.
- It has ability to figure out the most relevant sentence for the current query
- It is independent of artificial means like ranking of the page, keywords or tags and depends on more of the contextual meaning of the query With the arrival semantic search it’s definitely going to change the whole world and it makes the work of user very easy in the search index. Semantic Search Index has become a definite solution to modern day queries.
Did you find this article fruitful? Let’s know your feedback in comments.