In the field of digital marketing, local business has a great role to play. Google is very dynamic in nature. It changes its algorithms from time to time. Google has launched Pigeon, a new algorithm to provide more useful, relevant and accurate local search results.
According to Google, this new algorithm improves their distance and location ranking parameters. Most of the users rely heavily on various search engines to find what they are looking for on the Internet. If you want to increase your business, you have to focus on the glory and relevance of local searches. Local businesses usually want to attract customers from the local area. If you want the ranking of your page, implement local search engine optimization techniques. Adding location information into your website is a unique method to implement local SEO.
Let’s take a look at some important recent updates in the local search arena that will help you get a better view of the big picture in 2015.
- Moz is a great place to start local search ranking factors
- Introduction of pigeon by Google has drastically changed the way that local results
- Introduction of the local carousel for many types of business
- Google’s updated Google My Business guidelines.
As a renowned search engine, Google is putting tremendous effort into local search.
In addition, introduction of pigeon will definitely bring drastic changes in local SEO. In recent times, mobile behavior has a huge impact on business growth. With its new expanded pack, Google is trying to track the mobile behavior of the users to establish relationship with local business. The new expansion packs also increase your message capacity.
Local SEO tactics
- Create quality and informative content and optimize it with local signals
- Your location pages must be unique and well-written
- Creation of local content for your blog
- Optimize the heck out of your Google My Business listing
- Get some good links to your site
- Clean up your citations
- Review of your products and services and place them on other third party sites
- Use of various social media sites for efficient interaction with your customers
Did you find this article fruitful? Let’s know your feedback in comments.