In recent times, inbound marketing has a great value on the life of any business entity. It promotes company through a company through blogs, podcasts, video, eBooks, newsletters, whitepapers, SEO, social media marketing, and other forms of content marketing which serve to attract customers. As an entrepreneur you wear a number of hats on day to day basis, none more important than marketing. Before mentioning the relevance and importance of inbound marketing, I need to explain the real meaning of inbound marketing.
According to Wikipedia ‘Inbound marketing refers to marketing activities that bring visitors in, rather than marketers having to go out to get prospect’s attention. Inbound marketing earns the attention of customers, makes the company easy to be found and draws customers to the website by producing interesting content’.
There are various advantages of inbound marketing which are given below.
- It reduces friction
- It builds authority
- It establishes long term relationship
- It is based on ongoing delivery of information to build trust and a relationship.
Some Important Facts of inbound Marketing:
- Inbound marketing costs are 61 percent lower per lead.
- Last year 54% of companies doing inbound marketing increased their budget
- 57% of companies acquired a customer through their blog
- 62% of companies acquired a customer through LinkedIn
- 56% of websites that blogged once a month acquired a customer
- 70% of websites that blogged 2 to 3 times a week acquired a customer
- 92% of websites that blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer
- 65% of B2B websites acquired a customer through LinkedIn
- 77% of B2C websites acquired a customer through Facebook
In the true sense of the term, inbound marketing is the life blood of any business entity. It has a great value for the companies who have successful used it. Many companies are engaged in using various techniques and tactics of inbound marketing with a view to increase traffic and orient the attention of the customers. The main intention of the business entity is to generate ROI, which is the most important thing. Inbound marketing is the main instrument in the hands of the marketers for the efficient business promotion.
The most important thing is: “If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing.”
Did you find this article fruitful? Let’s know your feedback in comments.