Social media marketing is all about connecting to people and building your brand’s fan following. For this to happen, it is essential to have more and more engagements. Now the big question which all the businesses ask from themselves is how to do that. How do people like you more and more? How do they interact with you, connect with you, share their views etc.
Answer to all these questions is simple, i.e. show them something which catches their interest. There are a number of ways to do that, such a:
- KISS-keep it short and simple. Studies have shown that the larger the posts are the lesser the chances that people will like them. People don’t have time and patience to read it if it is more than 140 words. So, keep it small. For example, Facebook’s own status update on Halloween was “Halloween is like facebook”.
- Make it attractive by using photographs, more than a plain text. A post which has a few words written on an interesting picture is most likely to be liked by people.
- People don’t like to click on the URLs, so do not use them too much in your posts.
- A marketer should always keep it in mind that it is about the customer at the end of the day and he/she is the most important. Therefore, it is important to post updates on the time that is most suitable to them. There are specific times when people are engaged on social websites the most, such as 1p.m. to 3p.m. Posts which are done between 8p.m. and 8a.m. are not seen by people that much. Also, weekends are more engaging than weekdays.
- Never post when the previous post is alive.
- The usage of words in the posts should be such that it is most effective in increasing the engagement. Words like post, comment, tell us, like, submit etc. are very effective in engaging people.
- It is always good to ask questions from the audience and keep them engaging. Ask to like them your status or share their thoughts. Post something which has a fill in the blank option, where viewers can complete the sentence according to their opinion. For example, “If I could spend a day with a Disney character, I would choose ____”
- The posts should follow a specific schedule. It is good to back them up with timely events; otherwise it becomes very difficult to keep them fresh all the time. For example, updates can be related to festivals, happenings etc.
- Business social communities should be expanded to various platforms of social media, do not limit it to just one platform.
- Be creative, quirky and humorous in your posts, pictures or videos. Do not talk about your products all the time, as people are already bored with the product bombardments done every time they hear something from the brand. Show them something which is attractive for them and not for your business. It can engage people really well. For example, GymIt’s facebook updates include posts like, “I drink while I work out. I call it Bacardio”.
- Run contests and offers for engagement. Also, showcasing a cause is also a great way to increase the engagement.
- One of the best ways is to love your fans and interact with them personally. Show interest in what they are saying and what their thoughts are.
Social Media Marketing Expert